Sunday 24 May 2009

TP 200 11.05.2009 - 03

Continued from TP 200 11.05.2009 - 02

Sunday 24 May 2009 - A day off. Beautiful weather. England in the summer in the countryside. Just fabulous. I varnished paintings in the garden....

Here's a poppy....


Bank Holiday Monday 25 May 2009 - The St. Edmund painting should be leaving the Chapel of Transfiguration today. An OAP couple resident in Coney Weston test the new bench made and donated by Benn Platts-Mills and Polish-Australian Paul during Coney Weston's weekend fete....




Tuesday 26 May 2009 - I started my gig at Thetford library producing a full portrait of Thomas Paine. Everyone is so far friendly and welcoming.


Thursday 28 May 2009 - Watched the Barcelona 2 Man Utd 0 final last night at the church and still managed to get to the library for 8.30am despite being tired and a tad hung over. Hello Becky! Vera came to see me as everyday. She is a keen artist herself and apparently fascinated by my activity at the library. Here she is talking to Tom!


The front of the library....




Friday 29 May 2009 - Drove to Ipswich with Gina. Mat Max Milburn and Philip Dodd for photo shoot with the EADP and Queen print fresh off the machine.

Onto Bury St. Edmunds to take the Queen painting to Palmers where they will place the painting in their window display for a week. Back to Thetford. Will the photographer from the Bury Free Press popped by to take a snap of what I've done so far. Home about 7.30pm. Knackered.


Saturday 30 May 2009 - Some bizarre characters visited me today....



The blue box is a sedan chair titled 18th Century Logistics. Quite.
In the evening went to see 'The Men They Couldn't Hang' at Garboldisham Village Hall; a Tom Paine 200 event. Gorgeous evening.

Tuesday 02 June 2009 - Ben turned up and pointed out my appalling version of the British Union Jack flag. Vera later arrived with a mini-flag as a reference point for me!


Wednesday 03 June 2009 - I received a message shortly after arriving at the library that life long family friend Avril passed away last night. It was a shock and difficult to keep my composure as members of the public came to and fro. My motivation to support funding for St. Nicholas has been Avril. This afternoon I visited the Queen painting being displayed within the window of Palmers in Bury St. Edmunds. Will from the Bury Free Press turned up to take a snap. It was all rather by the way after the morning's news.


Friday 05 June 2009 - Vera brought me a bottle of wine as thanks for 'putting up with her'. Extraordinary. Vera, it's been a pleasure.


I'm in the Bury Free Press promoting the Queen painting at Palmers on page 4. In the Bury Free Press Thetford & Brandon Edition I'm also on page 6 promoting Thomas Paine; how ironic. I took some photos of the few paintings around the library....






Visited a wall opposite the Charles Burrell School with Abby for possible future project.

Go to TP 200 06.06.2009 - 04
Return to Thomas Paine (1737-1809)
Return to The story so far